About Me

My photo
Above all, I am a Christian. I am blessed to say that I am currently a Third Grade teacher, but in the past I taught K, 1st, and Computer Lab. Beyond the classroom, I love my family, my boyfriend, and my God (in no particular order. ;) )

Award!

Award!

Fabulous Linkys

I Love Clipart
Third Grade Blogger

Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It

It's time for my very first

I have seen all of these posts about making cute "Read" signs from letters at Michaels, cute paper, and mod podge. So, I went to my local Michaels and fell in love with a smaller group of letters. {I adore bright colors!}
photo.JPG 
Plus, that caterpillar! Don't even get me started on how cute he is.
So, I went to work creating my little "Read" sign, which didn't take long at all. Just place letters, the flower, and the caterpillar. I was left with this until the glue dried:
photo.JPG
Cute, right? ....but the waiting to let the glue dry....
Which led to my heartbreak. The glue spread out showing it's nasty self around all of my cute little pieces. Eek! It wasn't completely dried yet, so I tried using my finger nail to scrap off the excess. {Dumb, I know!} In the process, I scraped off the white paint, too. Bummer....
photo.JPG
If you look in the shadow next to this cute guy, you can see the huge chip. :(
So, I did what any good crafter would do. I improvised. I recently went crazy going to 3 different Targets to check out their 70% off Dollar Spot Sales. {I wanted it all!} Of the many things that I was able to score was purple and silver glitter glues for 30 cents each! :D
Check out the finished product:
photo.JPG
All of those ugly nasty chips are hidden, and now it has some glitz! All I have left to do is glue on some ribbon to hang it up with.

PS...every single item was on sale between Target and Michaels! {Is this real life? ;) }

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment